Thursday, February 14, 2008

Is R.E.M. Back on Track?

I'm going to be honest, I haven't enjoyed an R.E.M. record since the departure of Bill Berry following "New Adventures in Hi-Fi" (which I felt was arguably the band's finest album). Hell, I even put their first-ever live album on my most disappointing albums of 2007 list. They might not be artistically dead yet though. Their forthcoming "Accelerate", which arrives April 1st, has been proceeded by one of their best singles in recent memory, "Supernatural Superserious" (video below). Sure it's not "Drive", but let's be reasonable here.

Also of note: I have three (!) half-written reviews, which explains why A) there haven't been any new ones in two weeks and B) the upcoming boom that will occur in posting next week.

1 comment:

CoachDub said...

One could say I was merely copying your blog post with my most recent one, but alas, I only just discovered that you and I are on the same blogpage with this one.

Anyway, I am excited for the album and the tour!